Update: read the new "Event Update: 2012 Holiday Wish List Drive" blog post for the December 5, 2012 status report.
Additional sponsors needed to provide local children with holiday gifts.
Every year, CAII works with local businesses, organizations and individuals throughout the Big Bend region to ensure that each and every one of the children represented by our program—many of whom are abandoned, abused or neglected—receive gifts this holiday season.
Now that we are past the Tuesday, November 13, 2012 wish list submission deadline and the Friday, December 7, 2012 gift drop off deadline quickly approaches, CAII is re-doubling its efforts to make this year's drive a successful one.
The following are highlights from Burns' Holiday Wish List Drive update.
- Wish lists received for 287 children — 148 families
- Only 148 of the 287 children have been sponsored — that is 51.6%
- Of the 139 children without sponsors, 50 have requested gift cards — an over $3,500 expense
- We anticipate more lists coming in, increasing the number of children requiring sponsorship
- Sponsorships and funds are being donated, however much more is needed to meet the goal
- Five of the children will soon be of age and moving out on their own
- CAII is also trying to obtain baby supplies for three expectant teenage mothers
- A supporting bowling event is slated for early December; the exact date to be determined
Volunteers and potential sponsors who wish to help out with this year's drive are encouraged to contact CAII immediately. Volunteers are available to answer your questions and organize your donation. We will need to know the number of children you wish to sponsor as well as any preference on age or gender.
Additional information and forms are available on the 2012 Holiday Wish List Drive event flyer.
Remember, time is running out quickly. If we all work together, we will ensure that every child's holiday season is bright and filled with joy and happiness.
Thank you for your support!
UPDATE 2012-11-18: Corrected incorrect figure, fixed editing error and added clarifying bullet
UPDATE 2012-11-19: Added lead, made minor formatting changes
UPDATE 2012-12-08: Added link to new update blog post