Sponsors still needed; volunteers asked to help with gift pickup and transport.
Every year, CAII works with local businesses, organizations and individuals throughout the Big Bend region to ensure that each and every one of the children represented by our program—many of whom are abandoned, abused or neglected—receive gifts this holiday season.
Now that we are past the wish list submission and gift drop off deadlines, CAII is working to find sponsors for the remaining children and provide logistics.
The following are highlights from Burns' wish list drive update.
- Wish lists received for 419 children — 219 families
- 264 of the 419 children have been sponsored — that is 63%
- Of the 155 children without sponsors, 53 have requested gift cards — an expense of $3,390
- Two sponsors have offered donations toward gift cards, leaving $2,000 to be funded
- The bowling tournament next week will provide toys for unsponsored children
- Other groups are also collecting items; 30 shoebox gift boxes were recently received
Anyone wishing to make a donation should contact CAII at infogalf2.org or (850) 606-1200 immediately. CAII is available to answer your questions and organize your donation. They will need to know the number of children you wish to sponsor as well as any age/gender preferences.
Burns also asked volunteers to consider helping with gift pick up, transportation and logistics.
- Assistance with the loading, unloading and sorting of received gifts
- Monday, December 10 — pick up at Maclay School, 3737 North Meridian Road
- targeting midday but this is to be confirmed
- Monday, December 10 — pick up pending the availability of a large enough truck
- Tuesday, December 11 — pick up at Crenshaw Lanes, 75 North Woodward Avenue
- following the The Jeff Cameron Show Bowling Tournament
- Friday, December 14 — pick up at Holy Comforter Episcopal School, 2001 Fleischmann Road
- regular supporters of this project, they supported 35 children this year
If you are able to volunteer some time over the next two weeks, please contact Stacey Burns as soon as possible at infogalf2.org or (850) 606-1200.
There are only two weeks left to finish everything in time. Additional information and forms are available on the 2012 Holiday Wish List Drive event flyer.
Thank you for your support in helping to ensure that every child's holiday season is bright and filled with joy and happiness!