The Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program is hosting a training of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem and staff.
Join us on Thursday, March 30, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at our offices on Thomasville Road for Moving the Margins with LGBTQ Youth In Out-of-Home Care.
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) youth may experience challenges and have life experiences that are different from your own. This training will…
- increase your understanding of and competence with sexual and gender minority youth;
- articulate the potential consequences of social and emotional isolation on sexual and gender minority youth;
- increase your understanding of the differences between sexual orientation, sex and gender;
- increase your competency in using culturally competent terminology; and
- identify the unique issues and challenges facing LGBTQ youth in out-of-home care (and other settings), their parents, other caregivers and service providers.
The training is free. You can download a print flyer, register to attend and submit questions to the event contact below.
Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program
Moving the Margins with LGBTQ Youth In Out-of-Home Care
Leon County Court Annex
1920 Thomasville Road, Suite 208, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Thursday, March 30, 2017, 6:00 PM–8:00 PM
- Event Contact