The Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program is hosting a training of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem.
Join us on Thursday, September 29, 2016 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM at our offices on Thomasville Road for Let's Talk About Our Crossover Children.
Topics and questions that this training will address include the following.
- What happens when your child get arrested?
- What is the difference between the JAC and LRJDC?
- What are the PACT and court processes?
- What are diversion programs?
- What should probation look like for your child?
- What is the role of the juvenile probation officer?
- What are the different types of commitment?
- What should after-care look like for your child?
- Is your child experiencing trauma from all this?
The session will be conducted by Joy Bennink, Senior Behavioral Analyst, Office of Health Services, Florida Department of Juvenile Justice. Participants may receive two (2) hours of continuing education credit. Afterward, report your hours quickly and easily using our eForm.
The training is free. You can download a print flyer, register to attend and submit questions to the event contact below.
Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program
Let's Talk About Our Crossover Children
Leon County Court Annex
1920 Thomasville Road, Suite 208, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Thursday, September 29, 2016, 5:30 PM–7:30 PM
- Event Contact