The Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program is hosting a training of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem and staff.
Join us on Thursday, March 24, 2016 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at our offices on Thomasville Road for Let's Talk About Our Crossover Children.
According to National CASA, "courts often refer to crossover cases as those involving children and youth who have a case in the dependency as well as the delinquency court." This training will address these challenging cases by providing answers to the following questions.
- What happens when your child get arrested?
- What is the difference between the Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC) and Leon Regional Juvenile Detention Center (LRJDC)?
- What is the Positive Achievement Change Tool (PACT) process?
- What is the court process?
- What are diversion programs?
- What should probation look like for your child?
- What is the role of the juvenile probation officer?
- What are the different types of commitment?
- What should after-care look like for your child?
- Is your child experiencing trauma from all of this?
The session will be presented by Senior Behavioral Analyst Joy Bennink with the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice Office of Health Services.
The training is free. You can download a print flyer, register to attend and submit questions to the event contact below.
Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program
Let's Talk About Our Crossover Children
Leon County Court Annex
1920 Thomasville Road, Suite 208, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Thursday, March 24, 2016, 6:00 PM–8:00 PM
- Event Contact