The Attachment and Trauma Network, Inc. (ATN) is hosting a ten-day online summit of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem and staff.
Join them daily from Tuesday, September 30 through Friday, October 10, 2014 for the Educating Traumatized Children Summit.
Through a series of recorded presentations, the summit will cover a range of topics related to creating trauma-sensitive schools.
- Trauma-sensitive schools
- The impact of trauma on the brain's ability to learn
- How to recognize children with attachment disorders in your classroom
- Teaching self-regulation
- The school counselor's role
- Trauma smart preschools
- Using engineering education to teach empathy
- Is it ADHD or trauma?
- Virtual schooling as an attachment-focused option
- Alternative approaches to teaching those with attachment trauma
- Reducing restraints and seclusion by using trauma-informed practices
- Special education basics
How It Works
A total of twenty-two audio interviews will be presented during the summit with two made available each day. Registered participants will get an email every night with links to the next day's interviews.
Each presentation will be available for only twenty-four hours, but you can listen to them at your convenience during that period.
How to Register
Registration is a two-step process. First, register online. Second, confirm your registration by following the instructions in the confirmation email sent to you.
If you do not confirm your registration, you will not receive the daily webinar emails.
We hope that you can participate!
2014-09-24: updated text to clarify the daily schedule and registration process