The Florida Department of Children and Families is hosting a training of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem and staff.
Join them on Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM for New Safety Decision Making Model: How It Affects Legal Proceedings.
The presentation will include details on the following topics.
- Able to achieve reunification faster
- Identifiable benchmarks for benefiting from services
- New case plan forms and meaningful case plans
- Focus on the whole family and causes of safety issues — not just isolated incidents
- Evaluation process: not "have parents completed tasks" but to identify parental change that has taken place in terms of lessened threat and/or increased capacity
- Reduced number of families repeatedly coming back into the system
The training is free. You can download the event flyer and submit questions to the event contact below.
We hope to see you there!
Florida Department of Children and Families
New Safety Decision Making Model: How It Affects Legal Proceedings
Leon County Human Services Center
Leon Learning Lab — Front Training Room
1000 West Tharpe Street, Suite 15, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Thursday, March 27, 2014, 2:00 PM–4:00 PM
- Event Contact