The Second Judicial Circuit Office of the State Courts Administrator is hosting a training of interest to volunteer guardians ad litem.
Join us on Friday, September 20, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for How to Help Children without Resorting to Psychiatric Drugs. The training will be presented by Dr. Timothy Evans.A number of specific topics will be covered. Participants will learn…
- how psychotropic medications affect children in foster care;
- when the use of psychotropic medications is appropriate and not appropriate;
- about common side effects when using psychotropic medications;
- the history of psychiatric medication, its ineffectiveness and dangers to children;
- empathic therapies as an effective intervention in helping children who are experiencing distress;
- to recognize the dangerous effects psychiatric drugs have on a child including chronic brain impairment and being spellbound; and
- about a collaborative family team approach to help children withdraw from psychiatric drugs.
The training is free. Participants may receive three (3) hours of continuing education credit. Remember, you can report your hours online quickly and easily. Download the official flyer and register with the event contact below.
We hope to see you there!
Second Judicial Circuit Office of the State Courts Administrator
How to Help Children without Resorting to Psychiatric Drugs
Florida Baptist Children's Homes
8415 Buck Lake Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32317
Friday, September 20, 2013, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
- RSVP and Event Contact
Kathleen Tailer, Senior Attorney II