On Wednesday, July 25, 2012, the Statewide Guardian ad Litem Program will host a training conference call focusing on normalcy.
The training call, which starts at 12:00 PM, is designed for volunteer guardians ad litem and local circuit staff.
Participants will learn how to
- improve youth normalcy through a greater understanding of relevant Florida law;
- constructively participate in normalcy planning, as well as help youth determine the important elements of a normalcy plan;
- use their knowledge of a youth's interests and aptitude to develop age-appropriate activities for transitioning foster youth; and
- communicate with other parties so that normalcy plans will be administered in an effective and timely manner.
The discussion will also include instruction on
- guardian ad litem rights in normalcy planning;
- the child's rights;
- child allowances;
- caregiver liability; and
- Florida Department of Children and Families policies regarding normalcy plans.
All volunteer guardians ad litem are encouraged to participate in the training call by coming to our office at the Leon County Court Annex, 1920 Thomasville Road, in Tallahassee.
The statewide office has asked each local circuit office to make this arrangement to reduce the number of individual dial-ins, each of which incurs a charge.
If you would like to participate but cannot make it to our office, you may dial-in to the training call.
Toll Free: (888) 670-3525
Leader: Mary K. Wimsett
Please RSVP by Tuesday, July 24, 2012. We hope that you can take part!
Statewide Guardian ad Litem Program
and Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program
Training Conference Call: Normalcy
Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program Office
Leon County Court Annex
1920 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Wednesday, July 25, 2012, 12:00 PM
- Event Contact