All volunteers are required to complete a total of twelve (12) hours in-service continuing education each fiscal year to maintain certification. While settling into 2014, volunteers should keep in mind that the Monday, June 30, 2014 deadline for reporting hours for 2014–2015 is in about six months.
If you have not already completed and submitted your twelve hours for 2014–2015, we continue to add new articles and events to our website that can qualify toward the hours requirement.
The following articles, events and resources were recently added.
- Continuing Education Articles
- The Power of Talking to Your Baby
- The Effect of Family Income on Risk of Child Maltreatment
- Psychotropic Drug Use in Children and Adolescents
- Continuing Education Events
- Transition IFSP to IEP
- Educational Advocacy Certification Program
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Saving Our Youth: Faces of Human Trafficking
- Additional Resources
- Exceptional Education and Student Services: Presentations and Publications
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Educational Advocacy Community Resources
In addition, we also added the Educational Advocacy Document Library to a permanent home on the Current Volunteers resource page. These documents are part of the Educational Advocacy Certification Program.
If you have any questions about continuing education, please contact Christine Gornik at christine.gornikgal.fl.gov or (850) 606-1228.