We regularly add and update the resources available on our website. Below you will find a summary of recent notable updates, including a date change for Volunteer Training W.
- Volunteer Training W
- Due to the Veterans Day holiday, the fourth day of this training class has been moved to Tuesday, November 12, 2013. Visit the event flyer for the entire schedule and to register.
- Child Well-Being Training, Part II
- As originally published, the event flyer indicated that staff were required to attend this training. It has been corrected to indicate that the training is not required, but that staff and volunteers are encouraged to attend one of the sessions.
- Current Volunteers
- In the Volunteer Forms and Documents section, we have added our Court Advocacy Form and updated the Child Visitation Report. In the Additional Resources section, we have added two new links: All Children – All Families and the Sex Awareness and Education Resource List.
- Volunteer Application
- The Second Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program volunteer application packet has been updated. The packet is available in both Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The age requirement for volunteers has been changed.
Those eighteen, nineteen and twenty years of age are now permitted to become volunteers, but will work together with a guardian ad litem twenty-one and up.Young adults nineteen or twenty years old may become certified and are allowed to work under the guidance of and in partnership with a guardian ad litem twenty-one or above. This change is reflected in the FAQ, Prospective Volunteers page as well as event flyers for Volunteer Training W and Volunteer Training X.
- Staff Directory
- The most recent personnel updates are now reflected.
- Watford and Wynn Recognized at Statewide Awards Event
- Two photographs of award recipient Omega Wynn have been added to the article and the Statewide Guardian ad Litem Awards 2013 photo set.
2013-10-24: updated age requirements text; added missing hyperlink