On Monday, December 17, 2012, the Second Judicial Circuit Model Court Team hosted a training course on psychotropic medications. The educational materials, forms and workshop handouts are available to download.
Volunteer guardians ad litem who read the materials, forms and review the website links below may receive one (1) hour of continuing education credit. Remember, you can report your hours online quickly and easily.
- Educational Materials
- ABCs of Guiding the Child by Rudolf Dreikurs, M.D.
- Four Goals of Misbehavior by Dinkmeyer, McKay and Dinkmeyer
- Tools of Encouragement by Timothy Evans
- Florida Dependency Benchcard for Psychotropic Medications
- Florida Psychotropic Medications Judicial Reference Guide
- DCF Informed Consent for Psychotherapeutic Medication
- DCF Prescribing Psychotropic Medication Children in Out-of-Home Care Medical Report
- Website Links
- Florida Courts Dependency Publications
- U.S. CDC Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
Questions about continuing education may be sent to maritza.waddlegal.fl.gov.
2014-09-06: update links to new locations in the continuing education resource center