As recently highlighted, Child Advocates II, Inc. (CAII) held their CAII Cupcakes and Cookies for Kids fundraising event this past Saturday, February 8, 2014. By all accounts the event, which was the first of its kind for CAII, was a success.
Thanks to the funds raised by event ticket sales, contestant entry fees and sponsorships, CAII will be able to help in providing for the needs of abused and neglected children represented by our program.
According to event coordinator and CAII Board Member Kristine Lamont, forty to fifty people came to the event to sample the cupcakes and cookies provided by the contestants, amateur and professional bakers alike.
In addition, Lamont provided us with the names of those contestants whose entries were judged to be the best in their respective category. Judging was provided by Keith Baxter of Kool Beanz Café and Joey Gans of Au Peche Mignon. We have added a section to our event flyer with the winners.
Congratulations to the following winning contestants and thank you to everyone who participated!
- Overall Winners by Contestant Level
- Kristine Lamont Amateur
- Tiniest Empire Cupcakes Professional
- Katherine Grubbs Youth: High School
- Claire Thaler Youth: Middle School
- Keira Powell Youth: Elementary School
- Amateur Cupcakes
- Kelly Samek Valentine's Day
- Wendell Crawford Filled
- Kristine Lamont Twenty-One and Up
- Margaret Robertson Celebrate Florida
- Professional Cupcakes
- Danisa Proctor Filled
- Tiniest Empire Cupcakes Twenty-One and Up
- Danisa Proctor Celebrate Florida
- Youth Cupcakes
- Katherine Grubbs High School: Valentine's Day
- Claire Thaler Middle School: Valentine's Day
- Keira Powell Elementary School: Be True to Your School
- John Marlow Amateur: Valentine's Day
- Melanie Kalmanson Amateur: Kitchen Sink
- Melanie Hierholzer Amateur: Celebrate Florida
- Jacob and Addison Nester Elementary School: Celebrate Florida